I know I have been quite lax about updating this blog, and to my faithful readers – all 10 of you 😉 – I do apologize.
In thinking about why I may have been less inspired to keep this up, one thought came to mind – have I been Saudi-ized?
Granted, this place certainly seems less strange to me, and dare I say, it is almost like a second home now? So how is it that I feel that I have become Saudi-ized? Well, a few indicators for me:
– I don’t bat an eye when I see a car driving down the street in the wrong direction, or better yet, driving in reverse down the street. He probably just missed a turn or is taking a short-cut.
– I respond to most questions with inshallah.
– I feel like I am not decently dressed if I go out without covering my hair.
– Going to the mall is just about the most entertainment I settle for these days.
– A party isn’t a real party unless there’s a whole lamb being served for dinner!
– I like to have my coffee and sweets (dates) before dinner, and sometimes again for dessert too. Hence, the Saudi seven.